Gentry is a budget Constructed format for Magic: the Gathering based on Standard. It was designed to allow everyone access to a constructed environment with a comparatively low financial barrier of entry.
Are you interested in making a deck? The rules are simple:
1. You are only allowed cards that appear in Midnight Hunt, Crimson Vow, Kamigawa, Neon Dynasty, Streets of New Capenna, Dominaria United, Brothers War and All wil be One. These are the Standard legal sets and should be available in-print in any store.
2. Your main deck has to have at least 60 cards, your sideboard can have up to 15 cards.
3. You are allowed a maximum of 15 Uncommons in your combined maindeck and sideboard.
4. You are allowed a maximum of 4 Rares and/or Mythic rares in your combined maindeck and sideboard that have to be individually different.
5. Oni-Cult Anvil and Sokenzan Smelter are considered to be rares for the Gentry deckbuilding rules to promote deck diversity.
The fourth rule is what makes this version a lot more budget-friendly than regular Standard. Not only does this make it cheaper by reducing the number of expensive cards you can play, it also makes most expensive cards less interesting.
The power level of Gentry is that of awesome Limited decks clashing across different sets. Try it out and let us know how it went on email@example.com or in the comments on this site. You can also see coverage of Gentry games on Youtube or follow live on twitch. If you are local to Belgium, you might be interested in our Facebook group, it will have information on all Gentry events in Ghent, there is also a fan page for more general information. We also have a discord server where you can meet up and chat with fellow Gentry enthusiasts.